Monday, October 10, 2011

My Rite Aid Shopping Trip

By the time I had a chance to get to Rite Aid on Sunday afternoon, most of the items I wanted were gone.  The thing is that I needed to get my out of pocket purchase at or above $10 so that I could use the +up Reward from the Cover Girl make-up deal last week.  I am newly obsessed with John Frieda conditioner so I wanted to take advantage of the deal they have going this week.  In the end, I was still pretty pleased with my shopping.

So a few notes.  I didn't intend to buy the Cepacol.  I wanted the Burts Bees drops and Blistex.  But Burts and Blistex were both sold out at already.  So instead I bought the Cepacol and added in the Lypsyl as it was on sale for $0.99 and I needed something over $0.50 to reach that $10 +up Reward mark.  You have to be flexible when couponing.  It turns out I love it.  It's so fun and has this little bee that you push up to get more lippy up top.  The Cepacol, Carefree and Preparation H will all be donated.




Purchased ...
(1) Cepacol  reg. $4.99, sale $2.50
(1) Lypsyl  reg. $2.99, sale $0.99
(1) Preparation H Totables  reg. $4.99, sale $3
(2) Carefree liners  reg. $1.49, sale $1
(2) John Frieda conditioner  reg. $6.99, sale $5

Minus ...
-(1) $2/1 Preparation H print coupon
-(1) $1/2 Carefree Rite Aid VV
-(2) $0.50/1 Carefree 8/21 SS
-(2) $2/1 John Frieda 10/09 SS
-(1) $10 +up Reward from last week


Total value purchased ... $29.93 (before tax)
Paid out of pocket ... $0.49 (before tax)
Percentage saved ... 98%
Earned ... $10.50 in +up Rewards
(1) $2.50 from Cepacol, (1) $5 from purchasing two John Freida, and (1) $3 from Preparation H

No comments: