Saturday, January 1, 2011

In The Beginning

I have always had coupon intentions.  And in recent years used a few here and there.  But this year, 2011, is my year to become the crazy coupon lady.  I have zero intention of buying 100 candy bars, knowing I would never even eat two.  And I am gluten intolerant, so most cereals are out of the question for me.  But you better believe if I can walk out of a store with four boxes of gluten full cereal and six cans of green beans (which I also will not eat), I would do so gladly.  And give them to a very deserving food bank in my neighborhood. 

But my primary intention to to really work the deals to get the prices waaay down.  If others can do it, I can too.  I am realistic though.  I know I am not going to run over to Price Chopper tomorrow and walk out with $100 worth of food for free.  But after doing way too much reading on the topic, I really believe it can be possible to at least cut my bills in half.  And if that's possible, then why the heck not.  Just think of what you can do with an extra few bucks each week.  Now double that.  Or more. 

So my adventure begins.  This blog is (at this point, anyway) intended for my own organizational sake.  It's easier to post links to other blogs and such on here.  I have been blogging for so long on my other two lifestyle and food blogs that I am just more comfortable in blogger than I am anywhere else.  Plus, I really hope to find other like-minded shoppers in the NY Capital Region to share tips and tricks and sale finds.  So if you are local and reading, please be sure to say hello.  Let's compare notes and coupons!

Cheers to a fabulous and less expensive New Year!

No comments: