Sunday, February 13, 2011

Deodorant Money Maker



Run, don't walk, to your nearest Rite-Aid.  Or two because the first store I went to was sold out.  But lucky for me they are on the same road so it's not a big deal to try a few. 

I only use two brands of deodorant.  I have super sensitive skin and that is not an area you want to be itchy.  One of those chosen brands is Dove, regularly priced at $3.49/each.  Which just so happens to be on sale at Rite-Aid this week.  Selling for 2/$4.  PLUS you then earn $2+UpRR when you buy two.  And I had coupons from the newspaper a few weeks back.

So I bought FOUR things of my favorite deodorant at 2/$4.  Then I used my four $2/1 coupons.  Bringing my total to zero plus tax, $0.63.  That's my total for FOUR deodorants. 

But it gets better!  Because for every two your purchase, you earn $2+UpRR (basically it's like funny money that is only good in Rite-Aid) to use on anything my heart desires (outside of prescriptions) in the next few weeks.

So instead of paying $15.07 (regular price plus 8% tax), I paid out of pocket $0.63 and then earned $4+UpRR.  It's like being paid $0.84 for each deodorant I took home!

Making money off of products I use daily is enough to convince anyone that there is no shame in being a coupon-aholic!  LOVE it!

No comments: