Monday, September 3, 2012

Hostess Gift Idea


Do you bring hostess gifts?

I'm a big fan of bringing a little something when invited into a home.  If I am bringing part of the meal, I don't typically bring a gift (though do sometimes).  But if invited over, I like to take along a little sursey to let the hostess know I appreciate the hospitality.

Candy is not one I usually bring.  However, after scoring four free bags of chocolate at Target on Saturday, I decided that I could make them work as a little happy hostess gift.




These bags are pretty small.  So just handing them over as is would be rather skimpy.  But add cellophane and a bow and you are back in business.

It amazes me how much of a difference a little packaging can make.




All you need is a bag of candy, a clear cellophane bag (available online or at any craft store in the gift wrap section- don't forget your 40% off coupons!), and a length of ribbon.




Candy goes into the bag.  I had to fold over the top to get it to fit into this size bag.  Then simply tie up with some ribbon.


So crazy simple but doesn't it just make a HUGE difference?!  It goes from whatever to something special in a skinny minute.

The difference is in the details!




1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a fun blog hop! Was cool to see all the different projects involved
live tv streaming