Friday, June 10, 2011

Not A Hot Week

Ugh this was not a great couponing week for me.  I was out of town until Tuesday and then was just not motivated.  When I finally made it out to pick up a few deals, I had a devil of a time at ... Walgreens.  Of course. You'd think I'd learn my lesson and just not go there.  I'm still too upset to blog about it though. 

So for now, here is my little bag of random stuff from CVS.  I cannot even remember the last time I bought lipstick so when I saw this deal floating about, I decided it was high time to get some new colors on my face.  Only time will tell as to if I actually wear them.  I ate the Snickers when I got in the car because it was 4PM and I had not yet had lunch.  And the formula was purchased to put me over the $20 mark- but I got it for free (plus tax) with the coupon.  It will be donated.




Purchased...
(1) Snickers with Almonds  reg $1.19, sale $0.75
(1) Similac  reg. $4.99
(1) Zyrtec 3 ct.  reg. $3.99*
(3) L'oreal lipstick  reg. $9.99, sale $5

Minus...
-(1) $5/$20 CVS print coupon
-(1) $3/$15 CVS red machine beauty purchase coupon
-(1) $5 (marked down to $4.99) Similac check coupon (mailed to me)
-(3) $2/1 L'oreal coupon
-(1) $4/1 Zyrtec coupon


Total value purchased ... $43.35
Paid out of pocket ... $2.59
Percentage saved ... 94%
Earned ... $3 ECB
(from purchase of $15 L'oreal items)


Basically I paid for the Snickers and tax.  Not amazing but not bad either. 


* So let me note the Zyrtec.  The $4/1 coupon reads that it excludes the travel size.  However the 3 count says nothing about being the travel size.  I purchased it as an experiment and had I known it would work, I would have refrained from buying the Snickers.  But I needed to get to $20 to use that print coupon and the Similac only took me to $19.99.  So I bought the Zyrtec to see if it would work (it did- no beeps) and the Snickers just in case it didn't work.  I am not sure though if this was a fluke or if it will work at all CVS stores.  In review...the coupon excludes travel size, not pill count.  The box does not state "travel or trial size", just pill count.  So...as the coupon lingo goes...YMMV (your mileage may vary) on that deal.

No comments: