Friday, March 25, 2011

Always FREE

This, like much of this blog so far, is more for my own records.  But here is a short list of things I now no longer pay for.  I either get them for free or don't get them.  Period.  The firmness of that statement amazes me.  I started crazy couponing on Jan 01.  And look at me saying that a buck is too much to pay for toothpaste.  But it's true.  It is.  Free or bust, baby!

Toothpaste
Toothbrush
Deodorant
Body wash  (give or take a few pennies)
Feminine pads  (give or take a few pennies)
Tissues
Candy (unless I need a rare filler at Walgreens)
Headache medicine  (give or take a few pennies)
Dish detergent
Dish soap
Shave gel
Magazine subscriptions (I refuse to pay a penny for them.  I currently receive at least a dozen subscriptions each month for FREE!)


And the following items, I will only buy for next to nothing.

Cereal  (under $0.50/box)
Yogurt  (under $0.35/cup)
Laundry detergent (under $0.10/load)


Remember that I am pretty new to all of this.  So I am fully aware that more seasoned coupon-aholics get better deals.  But considering where I was four months ago, I am truly amazed at how quickly I have converted.  I open my binders of coupons without a care in the world now!

1 comment:

Jayna Rae said...

I have always thought that I get deals and they are no where near that, so I think you are a ROCK STAR!!!