Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Even Better Almay Deal At Walgreens

Thanks to reading Wild for Wags last night, I realized that my Almay deal could have been so much better yesterday.  $2 better to be exact!

So here is what you need to do....

*  Buy (1) Almay make-up remover product.  Regularly priced $5.35 but on sale for $4.19. 
~ Buy (1), receive $5 Register Reward
~ Use (1) Almay coupon in Beauty Book found on cosmetic counter
~ AND use (1) $2/1 coupon from the newspaper a few weeks back
= Pay out of pocket $0.19 (plus tax).  Receive $5 Register Reward!




I did this times five today.  You need to do separate transactions though in order to keep receiving the Register Rewards.  And because you are buying one item with two coupons, you need to add a filler item (insert why I do not really like going to Walgreens!).  So that explains why I added the toothpicks from clearance and the caramels.  They were the least expensive things I could find that I would actually use at some point.

In total, because I had to add the dumb filler items, here is how my five transactions worked out.

Items valued at (including NY tax):  $30.92
Total spent on five transactions:  $4.67
Total savings.....84.9%
Total earned in Register Rewards:  $25

Of course if they didn't have the worlds most complicated item to coupon ratio system, it would have been more.  But that's still a really great deal on items I actually ran out of a few days ago.  So big win for me today! 

I am not sure yet how I will spend the Register Rewards.  A good couponer would roll them.  Meaning if I was better at shopping at Walgreens, I would use them to buy things that also spit out RR's for similar values.  But that store still leaves a bit of a bitter taste in my mouth.  It's so complicated and frustrating.  So chances are I will use them to buy things that I need but can't find on sale.  Like milk or OJ or toilet paper or something of that nature.  Not to worry though, they will all get used.  It's only Wednesday and so far I have racked up $32 RR at Walgreens this week.  High five to myself!

1 comment:

Jayna Rae said...

Great deals! Caramels are always a nice thing to have on hand. You can give them to someone and brighten their day.