Saturday, November 26, 2011

Rite Aid Black Friday On Saturday



So I do not shop on Black Friday.  Honestly, I think it's crazy.  And not in a good way.  But on Saturday afternoon, I happened to notice that my $18 in Rite Aid +up Rewards were expiring so I could not use them on Sunday.  Ahhh!  I got my act together and headed over to Rite Aid ASAP.

Of course they were sold out of most of the best deals.  Really though I just wanted to use my +up Rewards, even if I couldn't roll them.  That's just a ton of free money to let go to waste. 

So this shop was very random.  The Hormel meals are for my dad who likes them for lunch sometimes.  I personally think they smell gross and are over-priced.  But these four were on clearance for $1.64 (regularly $3.29) and again, I needed to use up my +up Rewards.  Oh and not pictured was a $2 eyeglasses string thing that I forgot to take out of the bag- also for dad.  The Fuze drink is sort of random too.  I had a RA coupon for $0.75/1 as well as a manufacturer coupon (made by CVS- but said manu) for $0.75/1 so the drink was just $0.19.  But when you factor in my 10% automatic discount, I actually made $0.07!!  Perfect timing as I was thirsty. 

So after coupons and $18 in +up Rewards, I paid just $1.07 (before taxes) for $36.51 worth of product.  And earned $8.99 in +up Rewards.  Not bad for having no plan in place and the store being sold out of nearly every deal I hoped to take advantage of.  Not too shabby at all!

No comments: