Saturday, May 28, 2011

Cookies-n-Milk

I read on a blog (sorry but I forgot where) that Rite-Aid had their two pack of Milano cookies up near the register and marked at $1.  And you could use the $1/2 coupons from the 5/22 newspaper to get them for just $0.50/each.  This is not something I would normally run out for but I had $2 in +up Rewards expiring today and hate to see those go to waste.  So I thought I could get four pack for FREE after my coupons and +up Rewards.  My dad is going to be excited when I hand those to him on Monday.  Oh sure, he rolls his eyes at my hobby.  But he knows better than to mock me too much as he gets all sorts of treats out of my coupon craziness.

But when I got there, they were each marked at just $0.99/each AND they each had a yellow Rite-Aid $0.50/1 peelie coupon on them.  Meaning that after the RA coupon and my manufacturer coupon, they would be a penny better than FREE. 

So I got milk too.




Purchased...
(1) Gallon skim milk  reg. $2.69
(10) Pepridge Farm Milano cookies 2-pack  reg. $0.99

Minus...
-(10) $0.50/1 RA peelies from the Milanos
-(5) $1/2 Milano manu coupon
-$2 +up Rewards


Total value purchased ... $12.59
Paid out of pocket ... $0.59
Percentage saved ... 95.3%
Earned ... relief from not wasting store funny money!

No comments: