I started my serious couponing on January 01, 2011. I've certainly had my ups and downs. There were months when I was rocking my pink socks and months when I would neglect to take time to clip my coupons. It happens to all of us. But overall, I'd say I did pretty great. For my first full year.
2012 though, well I have a few goals to increase my savings and sanity. I also reserve the right to change these at any time. Ha. It's my blog and I'll change things if I want to.
* Post deals on my blog weekly, BEFORE I actually go to the grocery store. I was hit or miss with this last year. But I am so grateful to all those bloggers who helped me along my journey and want to do the same for those reading this blog.
* Focus on food. Not necessarily on the blog, but in my own personal shopping trips. I have toiletries to last a while in most categories. But the side of my pantry that is food focused is sort of wimpy. I'd like to build a much better supply of edibles.
* Stay organized. I re-organized my pantry a few months ago and things are soooo accessibly now. I just need to maintain.
* Share my coupon tips and passion in person. I hope to offer a class as part of a fundraiser for an organization with which I volunteer.
* Increase my grocery savings. This was my biggest struggle in 2011. But I continue to learn and get better and have high hopes for low bills in 2012.
* Share inexpensive meal recipes on this blog. In my defense, I do post recipes on my other two blogs. But I plan to be more mindful about making recipes and nothing prices to share some meal-time savings. This will probably be a big challenge for me too.
So how about y'all? Any big coupon-related goals n 2012? My general goal is to lose 25 lbs and procrastinate less. But that's always my goal and I never even turn on the work out videos. Failing at both my goals at the same time. What can I say, I like to multi-task when failing miserably! So my laundry list of coupon goals seems more likely.