Friday, December 16, 2011

A Few Finds At Price Chopper

I ran into Price Chopper last night to get a few dinner essentials and found a few fun deals along the way.  Most notably are these two. 




So I would never normally buy this Wolfgang Puck pasta sauce as it is $2.79 for a tiny jar.  It really can't be all that different and I think that's ridiculously priced.  You might not be able to see in the photo but those jars are smaller than your average pasta sauce jar.  But I had a few $1/1 coupons (newspaper- not sure when) and the dollar doublers too.  Bringing them down to just $0.79/each.  Still more than I wanted to pay but I was actually out of sauce and I like to have it on hands at all times. 

But then I was rewarded by the coupon gods.  Because there is a catalina deal this week.  Buy one, get $0.75 off your next order.  Buy two, get $1.50 off your next order.  That makes this a really sweet deal!

Now this next deal might not work for everyone.  I have had four $0.50/1 Annie's coupons sitting in my binder for a long time now.  I don't remember where they came from- possibly they now defunct Troy Food Co-Op.  So again, I recognize that not everyone has those mystery coupons handy.   

The Annie's, including the Gluten Free rice pasta is on sale this week.  Regularly $3.29, on sale 2/$3.  Woo woo!  I don't eat a lot of pre-made stuff like this.  And actually, I'm not sure I've ever had this particular pasta.  But it's nice to have a few things on hand when I am not feeling well...or if I am being honest...and we keep things honest around here...fat and lazy.  So anyway, they are on sale for $1.50 this week.  After my coupon doubled (PChop is still such a pain about doubling- make sure you pay very close attention girls to see every coupon double up), I paid just $0.50/box!  A HUGE savings!!

I wanted to make sure to note those two deals in case you happen to be in Price Chopper today.  Did anyone else find any fun, unexpected savings this week?

No comments: