Friday, October 28, 2011

Rite Aid Show And Tell



There just wasn't anything I really wanted at Rite Aid this week.  So I got the one thing I needed and gambled (successfully) on something else I thought I might be able to get for free.

I needed the shampoo.  I only use one kind but am taking a chance that I will like this one too.  They both smell so yummy.

The Finish is on sale BOGO Free.  Which means, according to their policy, I should only use one manufacturer and one store coupon.  However, I find that YMMV (your mileage may vary) when it comes to this.  So I don't know if it is a store to store thing or just the store I frequent most often.  But I know it's not just me who has this, shall I call it luck for a better word?  So I am not suggesting that everyone try to do this.  But I know that we all have different quirks at our various stores.  Some folks are able to use expired store rewards (at all of the 3 drug stores) and I am never able to do that.  Some folks are able to get double coupons at Walmart and I am not able to do that.  Some folks are able to get rain checks on items that will be free and I am not able to do that.  So see, we all have our little "luck" category.  This is mine.  And only sometimes.  I am sharing this because I want to be honest but am not looking for any sort of scolding.  We all have a store or two that bends their own rules.  The store does this on it's own- not because I asked.

That said, here is all I bought today.

(2) Garnier Anti-Dandruff shampoo  reg. $5.49, sale $3.49
(2) Finish Quantum Tabs 10 ct  reg. $3.99, sale BOGO Free

Minus...
-(2) $1/1 Garnier shampoo or conditioner manu coupon
-(1) $1/2 Garnier RA VV coupon
-(2) $1/1 Finish manu coupon
-(2) $1/1 Finish RA VV coupon (one last month and one this month)


Total value purchased ... $18.96
Paid out of pocket ... $3.97
Percentage saved ... 79%


OK so this is less than I like to save at a drug store.  But when I did the great closet re-arrange this week, I realized that I am about out of shampoo.  I have a few days worth in the shower and that's it.  So it was an actual need.  The Finish I need like a hole in the head but after all my coupons and the sale, it was FREE!  It's not like it will go bad any time soon. 

No comments: