As I mentioned yesterday, I am doing a bit of a personal challenge this week to show some practical applications to grocery deals this week. And dinner #1 was a big success in my book. Healthy, inexpensive, filling and delicious!
* 2 chicken breasts + 3 chicken breasts (5 total)
* 2 cups Mojo (found with Hispanic foods in Price Chopper)
* 2 cups cooked rice
* 1 bag frozen veggie of choice
* 1 can Price Chopper black beans
* 1 cup guacamole (free last week)
* 1 tsp butter
* Place all five chicken breasts in a crockpot and top with the Mojo liquid. Cover and cook on high 4 hours or low all day.
* Once cooked, shred two breasts for Chicken Mojo.
* Shred three extra breasts and place in storage container for use later this week. This is my first tip this week to streamline your time. Cook once and enjoy many times!
* Steam veggies to your liking. I made broccoli and just steamed them with a tsp of butter in the microwave for about five minutes.
* Microwave black beans for about one minute.
* On a place, place 1/2 cup cooked rice (I prefer brown rice) on bottom. Add black beans, chicken, veggies, a splash of the Mojo sauce from the crockpot and guacamole (or sour cream).
* Enjoy! This is very filling, crazy yummy and completely gluten free. I was laughing because I was complimented over and over and over again with this meal. And yet...it's so easy peasy!
Don't forget that we now have a head start on our meals for the rest of the week. What shall we cook up next?