Thursday, May 24, 2012
Dinner #3: Crockpot BBQ Pork Ribs
This is yet another easy peasy meal. Sooo filling and yummy and just a great summer staple. Be sure to pick up the BOGO boneless pork ribs at Price Chopper this week so can you make this too. I actually plan to pick up two more packs to keep in the freezer for later use. This is the season for BBQ sauces to go on sale so be sure to stock up when they hit rock bottom prices. Notice we are again using the onions we chopped the other day. I love love love to use my time efficiently like that! This meal easily feeds 4-6 people.
Crockpot BBQ Pork Ribs
* 2 packs of pork ribs (I used boneless)
* 1 small onion, sliced
* 1/2 bottle BBQ sauce (purchased on sale a while ago)
* 1 tbls grainy mustard (optional)
* 1/2 tsp salt
* Dump everything into the crockpot. Cook high for four hours or low for 6-8 hours.
* Serve with baked potato (clean, prick with fork and microwave covered for 5-8 mins depending on size) and salad (I love the Dole salad kits).
Seriously...it cannot get any easier than this. And the best part is that when you use a crockpot in the summer, it doesn't heat up your whole house like an oven. Use any leftovers to make pulled pork sandwiches (pull apart the meat and add the rest of the BBQ sauce in the bottle- serve hot or cold).