Thursday, May 31, 2012

Lovely, Light Summer Salad Dressing





This is such a skimpy post but I randomly threw together this "recipe" (in quotes because I use the word recipe lightly) the other night and it was so delish!  Nice and light on a screaming hot summer's night.  I used up the ice berg lettuce and some of the berries I picked up on sale this week at Price Chopper.

Citrus Summer Salad Dressing

Ingredients:
* 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
* 1/2 cup orange juice
* pinch of salt

Directions:
* Put yogurt (any flavor- I used coconut but plain or a fruit flavor or vanilla would all be delish), orange juice and salt in a mason jar.  Twist on lid.  Shake shake shake.
* Pour over salad and enjoy!
* You can adjust the thickness of the dressing by playing with the amount of juice you add.  If you use fat free yogurt...well duh...the dressing will be fat free too. 









No comments: