Thursday, April 7, 2011

98% Saved At Price Chopper



For the first time I am LOVING the Price Chopper coupons this week!  I did two transactions and this was my second, small transaction.  I used the $5/10 PC items coupon and the FREE box of PC cereal coupon. 

Here's what I bought...

(1) Box of Price Chopper Corn Chex-like Cereal  $2
(1) Price Chopper Fat Free Sour Cream  $1.59
(4) Clear Value Dry Onion Soup Mix  $0.49
(4) Price Chopper Low Fat Yogurt  $0.45

-$0.20 store sale on PC Sour Cream
-(1) Free box of PC cereal up to $2 coupon
-(1) $5/10 PC items coupon

Retail value of items purchased...$7.35
Total paid out of pocket...$0.15
Percentage saved...98%

I will be going back at least once more this week to stock up on yogurt.  The great thing about yogurt is that it has a long shelf life and it freezes so well.  So I stock up and then just pull a few out at a time in the fridge.  When I was in high school, I used a frozen yogurt in place of an ice pack thingy.  It kept my lunch cool and was defrosted by lunch time.  And the cereal is gluten free for any other gf folks out there.

The onion dip is a family favorite on potatoes.  Chop up your favorite kind of potato.  Toss with some EVOO and a packet of the seasoning mix.  Spread on a baking sheet and bake at 350 until they are crisp on the outside and tender on the inside.  Sooo yum-o!


Thanks I Am That Lady for the head's up about the $5/10 PC coupon!!

No comments: