Another annoying aspect to today's trip is that the store was out of everything I wanted. I went there specifically for about four items. And Rob refused to even write me Rain Checks! Calling corporate shortly on that. I mean, I get that I went on a Wednesday so I chance things being in stock. But I should be able to get a Rain Check, right? Not according to Rob.
Unfortunately I needed to buy something as my Register Rewards were expiring. And this is the only semi-close Walgreens so I had to make something work. Of what was purchased, the only thing on my list was the face medicine. I do not need the Oxi stuff but I will certainly use it eventually. The price after coupons though came to just $0.50/each. That's awesome. And I've decided I don't even really like that toothpaste but I wanted to roll my Rewards. When you use the manu coupon, it's actually a small profit. Oh and this was done in two transactions because one of my Rewards that I wanted to use was from the Luster toothpaste last week. As I planned to get the Reward again today, I needed to make sure NOT to pay for this toothpaste with the RR from last week's toothpaste.
OK I have somehow misplaced my first receipt. So I am just going to guess. I know what I paid within a nickle or two and will just guesstimate. Sorry.
(1) Luster White Toothpaste reg. $7.99, sale $4.99
(1) Clean and Clear face stuff reg. $6.99
(1) Caramel to bump up my pre-coupon total reg. $0.39
(2) Dove body wash reg. $4??, sale $2
(8) Oxi Clean Max Force reg. 2/$5
(1) $1.50/1 Luster White Toothpaste manu Q
(1) $1/1 Clean and Clear manu Q
(1) $3/2 Dove bodywash print Q
(4) $1/2 Oxi Clean from in store April Walgreens Coupon Book Q (does not count against your coupon to item ratio)
(4) $3/2 Oxi Clean many Q
$15 Register Rewards (I only factor these in to my totals when I actually use them!)
(1) of the $3/1 Oxi Clean coupons had to be marked down to $2.45
(1) Clean and Clear coupon had to be marked down to $0.99
Total (approx) value purchased ... $46
Paid out of pocket ... $3.50
Percentage saved ... 92%
Earned ... $4 RR from the Luster White
I think I actually should have saved more but it was a hot mess at checkout. You win some and lose some and I had already spent too much time and energy in this store. The only thing I had planned to buy was the Clean and Clear, which even after my coupon would have cost me $5.99.
Honestly, if my Rewards weren't expiring and I didn't have do many, I would have left. Walgreens is just too big of a headache. I'm all about Rite Aid and Target whenever possible!