Wednesday, April 20, 2011

FREE Allegra Allergy

I meant to post this deal the other day but well...I am just getting around to it now.  Which is find because I have an interesting update that I'd love to discuss.

So you can get Allegra Allergy for FREE (plus overage!) at Target this week.  This is great news for me.  Last weekend when I was organizing my pantry, I even organized all of my medicines.  Sounds like a rockin' weekend, I know.  Trust me, it was.  Ha.  But I realized that I have tons of heat patches, cold and flu meds and first aid stuff.  But I was running super low on allergy meds.  I have severe allergies and it's spring...not a good combo.  So for me, this might be even more kismet than the body wash deal.  And I clearly needed to pick up a few more items.  But didn't picture them.  As often happens, they were already put away and I was too lazy to set them up for a photo shoot.  Y'all know what milk looks like though.




Purchased...
(1) gallon of skim milk  reg. $2.69
(1) Ore Ida frozen hash brown potatoes  reg. $2.49
(2) Crackerfuls (for dad)  reg. $3?, sale $2
(1) Lysol Wipes  reg. $2.04, sale $1.89
(4) Allegra Allergy 5 ct  reg. $7.14, sale $6.78

Minus...
-(1) $1.50/1 Lysol Wipes manu coupon
-(2) $2/1 Crackerfuls manu coupon from 4/17
-(4) $2/1 Allergra Allergy Target coupon
-(4) $5/1 Allegra Allergy manu coupon from 4/17

Total value purchased ... $44.23
Paid out of pocket ... $6.84
Percentage saved ... 84.5%

Not bad considering how many things I bought without coupons.  And the value of the medicine alone...I essentially paid for one box of Allegra at the sale price and got the rest for FREE. 

OK so here's what I want to talk to you about.  I had THE BEST CASHIER at Target.  She was all over coupons and she herself uses them.  She was giving me tips and telling me about other coupons to use.  So after she scanned the first Allegra Target print coupon, she asked if I wanted it back.  Huh?  Don't you need to keep it in your drawer?  She said that they just had a meeting about coupons and they are allowed to give customers back the Target print coupons to re-use.  I seriously asked her four times and she was very certain this was their new policy. 

I have no idea if this is widespread or if any other cashiers in my own store will follow this same guideline.  But I found it very curious.  Have y'all heard this too?  I am super pumped because I have more of the newspaper many Allegra coupons that I can now combine with those Target print coupons for even more great deals. 

Another note...if you store is already sold out of the Allegra (mine had tons but you never know), just go to customer service and get yourself a rain check.  It's very quick and easy.  They re-stock quickly so you will likely be able to get it again next week and still get the same deal.

1 comment:

Jayna Rae said...

I hope the print thing is true everywhere because that will save on ink!!!! and time too.