Friday, April 1, 2011

The Rumor Is True...Hurry Over To Target

I am now not allowed to buy laundry fabric softener unless it is totally FREE for the next year.  Because just look at what came home with me from Target yesterday.  It's a bit ridiculous.  But I'd be even crazier to have not taken advantage of these deals.


So the Gain wasn't amazing.  In the end I paid $1.19/bottle.  But I love Gain and my $3/1 coupons were expiring today.  That's still a good deal though.  The fancy pants Purex...all FREE!!  Let me say it again....F R E E!!!!!  My store shelf was still marked at the normal price (I think $4.49?) but I used the fabulous red scanner thingy (clearly the very technical term) and verified that they were in fact on sale for $2.99.  I used the $1/1 Target coupon and the $2/1 manufacturer coupon from several Sunday's ago to get them for FREE!  Once again, I had an amazing cashier who graciously let me do all of this in a single transaction, instead of the six that might normally be required.  And would you believe that for the first time ever, not a single thing beeped!!  The coupon gods must know I'm sick and didn't have the energy to fight a coupon battle today.




Here's what I bought and their non-sale prices....

(4) Gain Fabric Softener - $4.19
(6) Purex Crystals Fabric Softener - $4.49
(6) Sobe Life Water - $1.34
(1) Excedrin - $3.34
(3) Reynolds Slow Cooker Liner - $2 (I think?)

- (4) $3/1 Gain coupons
- (6) $1/1 Target print Purex Crystals coupons
- (6) $2/1 manufacturer Purex Crystals coupons
- (6) $0.50/1 Target print Sobe Life Water coupons
- (1) $3/1 Target print Excedrin coupon
- (1) $1/1 manufacturer Excedrin coupon
- (3) $1/1 Reynolds Slow Cooker Liner coupons

After store sales, store coupons and manufacturer coupons, I paid $12.05!!  That's a savings of over 80%!!  Hot damn, that felt good!  It is such a happy feeling to realize that I don't need to spend another dime on laundry supplies for the next year too.  Love that!  I think that I have a full year of (or more) of fabric softener and at least 9 months of detergent and color booster (Oxi/Tide) and probably paid around $30 for all of it.

No comments: